Friday, October 15, 2010

Victoria

What's Next?

I keep pressing the "new post" button and then staring at the empty box, thinking of the millions of long, long posts that I could compose. It's too intimidating. Instead, I'm going to break myself back in slowly, by posting pictures (as usual).

Now that I'm back in Victoria, the theme for this blog is decidedly less obvious. (In case you were wondering, the previous theme was: "Woo! Exotic travel! Life with the Bushmen!") I want to think a bit about what I'm going to write. Until I settle on a theme, it's going to be disjointed short posts interspersed with the occasional Botswana retrospective. I'll also post about the West Coast Trail.

Today it's the familiar mixture of excuses and amateur photography!

I took these last week, as I walked home from the university.

This October has felt like summer to me, but the leaves are still changing...


This isn't the most original or fascinating photograph, but the fact that I walk past this - through this - on even my most mundane strolls is... Remarkable. Moving through extreme contrasts gives you new eyes, a more acute sense of detail. From the Kalahari to the Pacific Northwest, I haven't quite gotten used to it yet.

To quote from the book I finished this morning, Nabokov's Pale Fire -

All colors made me happy: even gray.

My eyes were such that literally they

Took photographs.

Till next time...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home