Sunday, July 15, 2007

Arrived

I arrived at about 1am on the 7th (as in, late night of the 6th) and it's been an unstoppable whirlwind of events since then. I just wanted to let you know I was still alive... I've been structuring a long entry to write about everything that's happened so far, and I really want to get it done before classes start on tuesday, because I know that once I get into the school year (a) I won't have any time, not that I have any right now, and (b) I'll want to write only about the classroom, and not about all of the fascinating events of the past week!

Anyhow, I desperately need to make up lesson plans before I write that long entry, and I hope I'll be able to do that tonight, but in case I don't - yes, I'm still alive, and yes I will eventually enlighten you as to what the first week in a completely gorgeous, completely isolated, completely amazing hill station in India feels like. Not to mention the first week in an extremely Christian school. I've never been involved in frequent collective prayer before... It's an experience, to say the least. It's the most shocking part of the culture shock, in fact, because I wasn't prepared for it... Anyhow, more on everything later. I need to get cracking on these lesson plans, so that I'm still alive at the end of the week.

Much love, I'd love to hear how all of you are doing, but realize that I don't deserve any juicy emails till I get the big entry up... :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home