Tuesday, August 18, 2009

meat


I seem to be making a lot of posts about meat. This is from the Kuru Dance Festival. It was cooked in giant cauldrons over the fire for hours, stirred with tree branches, emerging in battered, fat-bubbly, tough-and-stringy chunks to feed the masses that assembled in West Hanahai for the festival. It was a bit reminiscent of my first weekend in Botswana: Indepdence Day long weekend, which is coming up in just over a month. I've been here almost a year.

More on the dance festival later, hopefully, but I've been quite slack about covering "important events" - dedicated readers, if they exist, may have indignantly observed my lack of follow-up on the Okavango trip. I will try to return to it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home