Monday, June 01, 2009

photos

I know that long posts with many words and no pictures are boring, and they are also time-consuming for me to produce... So without further ado, pictures!

Wearing a wreath, emerging from a little cement bunker along the Grootlaagte - Qabo pipeline.


Birthday party for a friend's daughter, with this random guy in perfect adult-at-a-kid's-birthday-party attire: dreadlocks, fedora, enthusiastically striped shirt, and bow tie! Revelation about children's birthday parties here: they seem to be, more than anything else, an excuse for the parent(s) to have a drunken braai with their buddies.


How can I resist posting a picture of the garden? The irises finally flowered! The empty bed on the right has been planted with onions, leeks, carrots, and chinese cabbage. Carrots are coming up well, and I think the onions are too - I've never planted onions before, so I'm not too sure what to expect. The cabbage sprouted but since sprouting, half has been either eaten by bugs or demolished by my overly-playful cat. I bought a hibiscus and a flame tree sapling this weekend - very excited. My tomatoes are suffering from blossom rot, which mystifies me because I water them very regularly... But the Kalahari hath power to defeat all watering, I suppose.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home